The Larson Agency
was established in 1914 as the Pioneer Land Company by partners A. W. Larson
and O. A. Hutton. The first building at 218 South. State Sreet. was destroyed
by fire and The Larson Agency moved to 116 West Second Street in about 1935.
In the late 1920's, the first auto insurance policy sold in Madrid, was sold
to S. L. Miles for annual premium of $8.00. Homer. K. Larson joined his father
in th business in 1937 and the name changed to The Larson Agency in 1946.
A. W. Larson participated in the business until his death in 1950. Floyd F.
Gibbons joined The Larson Agency in 1957 and purchased the business from
Homer Larson in 1986. Floyd "Pinkie" Gibbons built the business to its current
status and then retired after selling the agency to Gordon Quam in 2000. Today,
The Larson Agency is a leader in the local real estate market, participates
in the community, and takes pride in Madrid.